CONTACT

CONTACT: Frome.antifrack@gmail.com PHONE Annabelle: 01373 466399 SEE ALSO: http://www.frackfreesomerset.org/

Friday 17 February 2012

Fuller version of exchange with Bristol Water rep. Jeremy Williams

Dear Jeremy
I thought people may be interested in seeing the other exchanges with Jeremy Williams. I am struck by the fact that the buck is very definitely being passed on to the Environment Agency. If Bristol Water have seen the same evidence we have, why are they reserving judgment?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I think we may be in the process of forming a concerned group in Frome.

I believe there is already a mountain of evidence, particularly in America, of the very serious problems connected with this process. Given that your company is in the business of supplying drinking water to households I just wondered whether anyone within your organisation has been charged with carrying out any research on the matter. I would have thought it was in your interests to do so.

If you want any help with sources I would be happy to do what I can. I have contacted my local councillor, Alvin Horsfall, who is decidedly against tracking and I'm sure would also be glad to help.

Yours
Jeremy Williams Jeremy.Williams@bristolwater.co.uk
11 Feb (6 days ago)
to me, Corporate

Dear Dave

Thanks again. We already have a fund of knowledge about the subject --both our Environment Manager and Resources Manager are monitoring the issue.

We would certainly be aware of any effect on our sources or the quality of water we supply. However, I stress that it is not our role to protect the catchment itself from environmental pollution - that's for the EA.



regards

1 comment:

  1. I've just had a reply from Bristol water too. Frome Janice Saunders. They seem to feel impotant, as they know the risks, but there is no obligation for anyone to consult them for planning issues. They have in fact put a proposal for change to the government (see posting) and I think we should support them in this and also put some pressure on them to be more proactive.

    ReplyDelete